"After 2 1/2 - 3 weeks on this formula I really started noticing a big change in her - very much more focused on pleasing me and backed off her excessive poking, overbearing behaviours with the pack. No fights and we are back to normal."
Dominance & Territoriality reduces bullying, posturing, challenging, confrontational, over-assertive behavior in dogs. This formula helps balance the confident, domineering dog who is very in-control of his actions, who thinks s/he should be in control of everyone else's, too. Dominance & Territoriality reduces bullying and forceful challenging without diminishing the positive natural leadership qualities of high-status ("alpha type") dogs.
// It's important to note that a dog behaving in what may be labeled a dominant fashion should in no way be automatically considered a "bad dog". In the great majority of cases, the dog has either never learned a more appropriate way of behaving, or has learned that this type of behavior is simply the most effective way to get what he wants. Most dogs are more than willing to adopt new, less stressful and less costly ways to communicate their needs. Aldaron Essences' Dominance & Territoriality formula can help make that transition quite a bit easier! //
Use Dominance & Territoriality to Help with:
- Dogs that get impatient and angry if they don't get their way
- Frustration and demand behaviors like bratty, sassy barking, air snapping, etc.
- Ducking head or body away from over-the-top petting
- Muzzle punching and poking
- Territorial alarm barking
- Harassing housemates or visitors (dogs, people) when they move between territories, such as moving from one room to another, or going outside from inside or vice versa
- Pushing, bumping, body-slamming, or herding others to get them to move (or just to get a reaction)
- Stiff, up-on-toes posturing
- Confrontational, challenging glaring and hard stares
- Agitation and/or impatience in everyday life situations
- Bullying, harrying, posturing, driving behaviors and attitudes in dogs
Choosing the Right Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formula
- Moderation is similar to Dominance & Territoriality, but less related to rigid, territory-associated behaviors, and more for the dog that is generally testy and reactive when others infringe on her rules, her space, her possessions, etc.
- For the dog that has learned to resort to threatening, bullying behaviors when stressed or fearful, try our Equilibrium formula.
- Fear & Suspicion is the formula of choice when aggressive behaviors are driven by fear, defensiveness, and suspicion. For the dog that has learned to react offensively in order to prevent scary or overwhelming things from happening.
- Over-Protective is another similar formula, but one that contains additional elements which address fears - both typical, everyday fears as well as fear and over-concern for loved ones.
- Hyper Drive - It may be tempting to think that any dog ignoring your direction is behaving "dominantly". However, the Hyper-Drive dog is so focused on their own concerns that they see and hear nothing else. It may come across as bossiness when he ignores – or plows through - anyone and anything to accomplish what his mind is on, but that is incidental, not an attempt to control others.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Dominance & Territoriality formula ingredients:
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), essences of Vervain, Vine, Impatiens, Chicory, Holly, Rock Water flowers
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, essences of Vervain, Vine, Impatiens, Chicory, Holly, Rock Water flowers.
Choosing Product Options
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day.
To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, click here.
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months.
If you're unsure which to choose, click here for a comparison of the main considerations.
What can I expect from using flower essences?
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.