High-strung dog? Our Calm flower essence formula for dogs can help! Excellent for restlessness, agitation, or excessive nervous energy in stressed, high-strung, or under-worked dogs. Calm works as a short- or long-term calming aid for dogs that have more physical or mental energy than they know what to do with. A superb blend of Bach and American flower remedies with many uses!
"I ordered Calm based on the recommendations of my trainer. I am so glad I did."
Use Calm flower essence formula for dogs to help:
- high-strung dogs with a nervous temperament be more settled and steady.
- when natural enthusiasm turns into nervous energy, through stress, discomfort, or lack of exercise.
- reduce restlessness and nervous energy in under-worked working breeds.
- relax dogs with built-up stress from lack of physical exercise or mental stimulation.
- relieve restlessness when old or ill dogs pace and pace, looking for a place to rest, never finding a suitable spot. (Give 3 doses 5-10 minutes apart in acute situations. )
- tone down wired dogs that run from window to window, or one corner of the yard to another, alerting, whining, or barking at anything or nothing.
- reduce nervous, repetitive habits in tightly-wound dogs.
Similar Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formulas
- Hyper-Drive is our flower essence blend for intense, high-drive dogs that have trouble with impulse control and over-arousal.
- Moderation flower essence formula helps tone down the bossy, intense dog that uses energy to get her way, control others, cause a reaction, etc.
- Very Scary Things flower essence blend calms and supports dogs that are nervous, fearful, and stressed.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), essences of Impatiens, Lavender, Chamomile, White Chestnut, Chestnut Bud flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, essences of Impatiens, Lavender, Chamomile, White Chestnut, Chestnut Bud flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.