High-strung dog? Our Calm flower essence formula for dogs can help!
This superb blend of Bach and American flower remedies is excellent for restlessness, agitation, or excessive nervous energy. A highly effective formula for stressed, high-strung, or under-worked dogs.
Calm works as a short- or long-term calming aid for dogs that have more energy than they know what to do with.
It also combines well with several of our blends for anxious, fearful and reactive behavior in dogs. A superior combination with many uses!
"Calm continues to be a favorite essence in our home. We have a chihuahua mix who is prone to shaking... when she's happy, nervous, excited, she shakes. Calm has really balanced her out, and we don't see the shaking that we once did.
Calm : drug-free help for high-strung, restless, wired dogs!
Relax your dog with flower essences to calm the body and quiet the mind. Use Calm to help:
- high-strung dogs with a nervous temperament be more settled and steady.
- when natural enthusiasm turns into nervous energy, through stress, discomfort, or lack of exercise.
- reduce restlessness and nervous energy in under-worked working breeds.
- relax dogs with built-up stress from lack of physical exercise or mental stimulation.
- relieve restlessness when old or ill dogs pace and pace, looking for a place to rest, never finding a suitable spot. (Give 3 doses 5-10 minutes apart in acute situations. )
- tone down wired dogs that run from window to window, or one corner of the yard to another, alerting, whining, or barking at anything or nothing.
- reduce nervous, repetitive habits in tightly-wound dogs.
May be combined with other Aldaron Essences formulas for optimal effect
- Calm combines beautifully with our flower essence blends for confidence, reactivity, fears, and separation anxiety.
- To use it this way, give your dog's primary formula 3 times daily, then give a dose or two of Calm shortly before any event or activity where a step down in nervous energy and intensity would be helpful.
- For separation anxiety, give Calm just before you leave, or add to your dog's water bowl while you're away.
- For fearful, or under-confident or reactive dogs, give 1-3 doses of Calm shortly before your walk, the vet visit, the dog show, etc.
- On long days, simply give more doses over the day as needed.
"We have found that combining Confidence Plus and Calm has really helped. We’ve tried a couple other flower essences and after Julie’s suggestion, happy seeing noticeable results... Results are subtle but seeing consistency makes me believe this is the right combo. So important & satisfying to see progress!"
More Aldaron flower essence formulas to help your dog calm and relax:
- Hyper-Drive is our flower essence blend for intense, high-drive dogs that have trouble with impulse control and over-arousal.
- Moderation flower essence formula helps tone down the bossy, intense dog that uses energy to get her way, control others, cause a reaction, etc.
- Equilibrium helps calm dogs that get agitated and over-react in a confrontational manner when stressed or anxious.
- Very Scary Things flower essence blend calms and supports dogs that are nervous, fearful, and stressed.
- I'll Be Back is our blend designed to calm and relax dogs with classic separation anxiety symptoms. Keep in mind that Separation Anxiety in dogs is not a one-size-fits-all problem. Please also see our Poise formula for panic and our article, Bach Flowers and the Emotions of Separation Anxiety in Dogs for help selecting Bach flower essences for canine separation anxiety and distress.
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.