Confidence Plus flower essence blend for dogs is broader in scope than our original Confidence formula. This "next generation" blend enhances your dog's self-assurance, self-respect, and the ability to trust her instincts. Confidence Plus fortifies positive leadership qualities, reduces hesitancy and intimidation, and improves resiliency for when the inevitable mistakes are made. This much-loved Bach flower combination is our ultimate confidence-builder for dogs!
"He was more confident doing his exercises and happy to stay with me and work instead of trying to leave the ring at the first opportunity. I am extremely pleased..."
Use Confidence Plus flower essence formula to help:
- restore and maintain confidence in the dog that takes minor setbacks to heart.
- improve recovery time and willingness to try again after difficult training events and setbacks.
- take new situations, new people, new places in stride.
- sport, performance, and working dogs when moving up to a new training level that requires greater independent decision-making or working distance from the owner.
- restore confidence lost through mishaps or other negative experiences in training, trialing, or just life!
- to maintain a confident, can-do attitude when moving, boarding, traveling, beginning a new training regimen - any situation where steady self-assurance is called for!
Similar Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formulas
- Very Scary Things helps timid, anxious dogs who need more confidence and courage.
- Over-Attachment is for the dog whose lack of confidence stems from over-attachment to, and over-dependence on her owner.
- Crossover helps the dog who lacks confidence due to previous heavy-handed training methods.
- Our original Confidence formula is designed to help build confidence and courage in dogs that become overwhelmed easily, and react poorly out of habit.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), essences of Centaury, Cerato, Vine, Pine, Mimulus, Larch, Elm, Gentian flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, essences of Centaury, Cerato, Vine, Pine, Mimulus, Larch, Elm, Gentian flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.