Dominance & Territoriality flower essence blend is specially formulated to gently, effectively tone down pushy, uncooperative, challenging tendencies in dogs.
Improve patience, willingness, and cooperation in bossy, over-assertive dogs. This blend of natural Bach flower remedies helps balance the confident, domineering dog who is very in-control of his actions, who thinks he should be in control of everyone else's, too.
Dominance & Territoriality reduces bossy, bratty, and even forceful challenging of authority - without diminishing the positive natural leadership qualities of high-status ("alpha type") dogs.
"There is a new softness and willingness that is showing itself more and more and we are very grateful for this shift in his behavior. We are also recommending these effective formulas to others with pets."
Dominance & Territoriality: flower remedies to balance challenging, confrontational behavior in dogs
It's important to note that a dog behaving in what appears to be a dominant fashion should in no way be automatically considered a "bad dog".
In most cases, the dog has either never learned a more appropriate way of behaving, or has learned that this type of behavior is simply the most effective way to get what he wants.
Most dogs are more than willing to adopt new, less stressful and less costly ways to communicate their needs. Aldaron Essences' Dominance & Territoriality formula can help make that transition quite a bit easier.
Common sense caution!
For dogs whose bullying behavior becomes aggressive: While flower essences can be extremely helpful in cases of dog aggression, they should not be used as the sole method of resolving it. Unless you are very experienced in dealing with dog aggression, always consult with a knowledgeable trainer or behavior specialist who can help you resolve your dog’s issues in a behaviorally-sound, non-confrontational manner.
Our Bach flower blend helps improve cooperation, willingness and peaceful communication in dogs that run rough-shod over others. Use it with:
- Dogs that harass housemates or visitors when they move between territories, such as moving from one room to another, or going outside from inside or vice versa.
- Pushing, bumping, body-slamming, or herding others to get them to move (or just to get a reaction).
- Stiff, up-on-toes posturing.
- Confrontational, challenging glaring and hard stares.
- Dogs with frustration and demand behaviors like bratty, sassy barking, air snapping, etc.
- Dogs that duck their heads or body away from over-the-top petting.
- Dogs that muzzle punch or poke to get others to react.
- Dogs that get impatient and angry if they don't get their way.
- Dogs that look for ways to challenge or control housemates.
- Excessive territorial alarm barking.
- Dogs that claim territories within the house or car, and dare others to get too close.
- Agitation and/or impatience in everyday life situations.
- Bullying, harrying, posturing, driving behaviors and attitudes in dogs.
"My newest pup came in at 7 months old and was already dominant... food aggression showed up first and she pinned a 6 and 7 year old... we nipped that but didn't pay attention to all the overt signs as she was still a puppy.
Ended up having a wake up call with 3 fights in one morning... and then another fight with the other dog about two weeks later. We immediately made changes in how we allowed behaviours and that helped.
After 2 1/2 - 3 weeks on this formula I really started noticing a big change in her - very much more focused on pleasing me and backed off her excessive poking, overbearing behaviours with the pack. No fights and we are back to normal. My old girl will come back to lay on the bed with everyone now and she was the first attacked. There is no more anxious drama."
More Aldaron flower essence formulas for dogs that challenge:
- Moderation is similar to Dominance & Territoriality, but is less related to rigid, territory-associated behaviors, and more for the dog that is generally testy and reactive when others infringe on her rules, her space, her possessions, etc.
- Try our Equilibrium blend of flower essences for the dog that becomes threatening and bullying when stressed or fearful.
- Fear & Suspicion is the formula of choice when suspicion and aggressive behaviors are defensive. Perfect for the dog that has learned to protect itself in order to prevent scary or overwhelming things from happening.
- Over-Protective is similar to Dominance & Territoriality formula, but contains flower essences that address canine fear issues as well as over-concern for loved ones.
- Hyper Drive - It can be tempting to think that any dog ignoring direction is behaving "dominantly". However, the Hyper-Drive dog is so focused on their own concerns that they see and hear nothing else. So, he may ignore – or plow through - anyone and anything to accomplish what his mind is on, but primarily from over-arousal rather than bossiness.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.