Dominance & Territoriality flower essence formula for dominant, bullying dogs : reduces bossy, over-assertive, challenging, confrontational behavior in dogs. This blend of natural flower remedies helps balance the confident, domineering dog who is very in-control of his actions, who thinks s/he should be in control of everyone else's, too. Dominance & Territoriality tones down bossy, bratty, and even forceful challenging of authority - without diminishing the positive natural leadership qualities of high-status ("alpha type") dogs.
"After 2 1/2 - 3 weeks on this formula I really started noticing a big change in her - very much more focused on pleasing me and backed off her excessive poking, overbearing behaviours with the pack. No fights and we are back to normal."
// It's important to note that a dog behaving in what may be labeled a dominant fashion should in no way be automatically considered a "bad dog". In the great majority of cases, the dog has either never learned a more appropriate way of behaving, or has learned that this type of behavior is simply the most effective way to get what he wants. Most dogs are more than willing to adopt new, less stressful and less costly ways to communicate their needs. Aldaron Essences' Dominance & Territoriality formula can help make that transition quite a bit easier! //
Use Dominance & Territoriality flower essence formula to help with:
- Dogs that get impatient and angry if they don't get their way.
- Dogs with frustration and demand behaviors like bratty, sassy barking, air snapping, etc.
- Ducking head or body away from over-the-top petting.
- Muzzle punching and poking.
- Territorial alarm barking.
- Dogs that harass housemates or visitors when they move between territories, such as moving from one room to another, or going outside from inside or vice versa.
- Pushing, bumping, body-slamming, or herding others to get them to move (or just to get a reaction).
- Stiff, up-on-toes posturing.
- Confrontational, challenging glaring and hard stares.
- Agitation and/or impatience in everyday life situations.
- Bullying, harrying, posturing, driving behaviors and attitudes in dogs.
Choosing the Right Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formula
- Moderation is similar to Dominance & Territoriality, but is less related to rigid, territory-associated behaviors, and more for the dog that is generally testy and reactive when others infringe on her rules, her space, her possessions, etc.
- Try our Equilibrium blend of flower essences for the dog that becomes threatening and bullying when stressed or fearful.
- Fear & Suspicion is the formula of choice when suspicion and aggressive behaviors are defensive. Perfect for the dog that has learned to protect itself in order to prevent scary or overwhelming things from happening.
- Over-Protective is similar to Dominance & Territoriality formula, but contains flower essences that address canine fear issues as well as over-concern for loved ones.
- Hyper Drive - It can be tempting to think that any dog ignoring direction is behaving "dominantly". However, the Hyper-Drive dog is so focused on their own concerns that they see and hear nothing else. So, he may ignore – or plow through - anyone and anything to accomplish what his mind is on, but primarily from over-arousal rather than bossiness.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), essences of Vervain, Vine, Impatiens, Chicory, Holly, Rock Water flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, essences of Vervain, Vine, Impatiens, Chicory, Holly, Rock Water flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.