Aldaron Essences' Equilibrium formula features flower essences for dogs that react in a confrontational, intimidating manner when stressed or anxious. Equilibrium combines key essences from our highly popular formula Very Scary Things (for fearful, anxious behavior) and Dominance & Territoriality (for bullying, domineering behavior). This special blend of Bach flower essences helps reduce your dog's stress, fear and anxiety, while toning down tendencies to control, bully, or dominate others. It improves calmness and cooperation, and increases emotional flexibility. Although one of our newer formulas, it's quickly become a top seller with a dedicated following!
"Equilibrium has been such a help for our young Scottie… [He] has become so much easier to work with when he has his Equilibrium drops."
Use Equilibrium flower essence blend for dogs to help:
- The generally bossy, high-status canine personality that becomes "in your face" and confrontational when anxious or worried.
- Dogs that tip from excited to pumped up and posturing when stressed or unsure.
- The outwardly "dominant" dog that reacts in kind to heavy handed, confrontational training methods.
- Anxious, fearful dogs that respond to tension, stress, or perceived threat with dominance aggression.
Similar Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formulas
- Fear & Suspicion is an appropriate formula for defensive behavior driven by fear and stress. Perfect for the dog that has learned to protect itself in order to prevent scary or overwhelming things from happening.
- Dominance & Territoriality is for the dog that is territorial and challenging without fear or stress behind the behavior.
- Moderation is for the dog that is generally testy and reactive when others infringe on her rules, her space, her possessions, etc and is not fearful, anxious or stressed.
- Over-Protective is similar to Equilibrium, but focuses less on stress, and more on specific fears and over-concern for loved ones.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%) or vegetable glycerin (40%), Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Mimulus, Impatiens, Chicory, Vine, Holly, Rock Water flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Mimulus, Impatiens, Chicory, Vine, Holly, Rock Water flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.