High Anxiety flower essence blend restores balance to intense, overly driven, always "on the job" dogs that need extra confidence, courage, and self-assurance.
This special blend of natural Bach flower essences is a great choice for frustration-driven reactivity intensified by fear or anxiety. Also an ideal formula for the highly intelligent and observant dog that feels obligated to keep track of (and often control of) every aspect of their environment.
This innate drive to keep everything "orderly" can be an overwhelming job, especially for a young or inexperienced dog. When these dogs have anxiety or fear issues, their natural intensity tends to exacerbate their anxiety and vice versa.
High Anxiety can help take the edge off the intensity without diluting work ethic, and increase the confidence and self-security needed to keep learning and working.
"After two weeks I’ve noticed ... things that stressed him out previously seem not to bother him quite as much, which is an enormous relief. For instance, he never liked our Roomba because he couldn’t herd it. (This is the sort of thing that caused him to stress out—panting and pacing, or standing over it.) Now he ... will choose to curl up somewhere rather than messing with that little vacuum."
High Anxiety: natural anxiety relief for high-strung, "on the job" dogs.
High Anxiety's blend of Bach flowers does more than ease canine fear and anxiety. It balances the stresses of an intense, responsible nature. Use it to help:
- herding, working, and any responsible-by-nature dogs expressing a strong need, but not necessarily the maturity, to keep everyone and everything "in its place".
- dogs that feel driven to protect or control "their flock", but over-react out of lack of confidence or courage.
- intense, driven dogs, to help regulate their own intensity, and gain the confidence they needs to live up to their working-dog mindset.
- dogs that tend to make "mountains out of molehills" until they've learned confidence and self control.
- dogs that bark and lunge on leash, more from frustration than true aggression.
- dogs that become frustrated, over-stimulated, anxious, and overwhelmed by the activity level at agility, herding, or even just the local park.
- dogs that need greater ability to be more self-contained and less affected by movement, excitement, and chaotic activity.
- "what's wrong with this picture" type dogs that over-react to, and become anxious about, new, strange, or out-of-place things, people, or animals in their environment.
"My 3 year old is definitely an “on the job” type dog. He is a worrier and seems to feel the need to “police” everyone. Since starting him on the High Anxiety, I can see a difference in his behavior when we are out and about. He is less anxious and working much better in agility class."
More Aldaron flower essence formulas for anxious, fearful, and nervous dogs:
- Our best-selling Very Scary Things is a general stress, fear, and anxiety relief flower essence blend for all dogs, not specifically intense, high strung dogs.
- Poise flower essence formula helps alleviate "fight, flight or freeze" panic reactions in strongly fear-reactive dogs. Dogs that "lose it", dogs that break out of crates or rooms, and dogs that utterly panic and lose control when they can't escape a situation will generally respond very well to Poise.
- Confidence Plus is less for highly stressed, fearful dogs, and more for hesitant, easily cowed, over-intimidated dogs. Also great for dogs that have had a negative experience and are having trouble getting back to their normal confident state. Confidence Plus improves confidence, self-assurance, and resiliency in dogs.
- Equilibrium is our special Bach flower blend for dogs that become over-assertive and confrontational when stressed or anxious. It calms nerves while reducing bullying, domineering tendencies.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our articles, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs or Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.