igh Anxiety flower essence blend restores balance to intense, overly driven, always "on the job" dogs that need extra confidence, courage, and self-assurance. A good choice for frustration-driven reactivity intensified by fear or anxiety. High Anxiety is an ideal formula for the highly intelligent and observant dog that feels obligated to keep track of (and often control of) every aspect of their environment. This innate drive to keep everything "orderly" can be an overwhelming job, especially for a young or inexperienced dog. When these dogs have anxiety or fear issues, their natural intensity tends to exacerbate their anxiety and vice versa. High Anxiety can help take the edge off the intensity without diluting work ethic, and increase the confidence and self-security needed to keep learning and working.
"The difference is night and day! Her fits of panic and anxiety have diminished significantly."
Use High Anxiety flower essence formula for dogs to help:
- herding, working, and any responsible-by-nature dogs expressing a strong need, but not necessarily the maturity, to keep everyone and everything "in its place".
- dogs that feel driven to protect or control "their flock", but over-react out of lack of confidence or courage.
- intense, driven dogs, to help regulate their own intensity, and gain the confidence they needs to live up to their working-dog mindset.
- dogs that tend to make "mountains out of molehills" until they've learned confidence and self control.
- dogs that bark and lunge on leash, more from frustration than true aggression.
- dogs that become frustrated, over-stimulated, anxious, and overwhelmed by the activity level at agility, herding, or even just the local park!
- dogs that need greater ability to be more self-contained and less affected by movement, excitement, and chaotic activity.
- "what's wrong with this picture" type dogs that over-react to, and become anxious about, new, strange, or out-of-place things, people, or animals in their environment.
Similar Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formulas
- Our best-selling Very Scary Things is a general stress, fear, and anxiety relief flower essence blend for all dogs, not specifically intense, high strung dogs.
- Poise flower essence formula helps alleviate "fight, flight or freeze" panic reactions in strongly fear-reactive dogs. Dogs that "lose it", dogs that break out of crates or rooms, and dogs that utterly panic and lose control when they can't escape a situation will generally respond very well to Poise.
- Confidence Plus is less for highly stressed, fearful dogs, and more for hesitant, easily cowed, over-intimidated dogs. Also great for dogs that have had a negative experience and are having trouble getting back to their normal confident state. Confidence Plus improves confidence, self-assurance, and resiliency in dogs.
- Equilibrium is our special Bach flower blend for dogs that become over-assertive and confrontational when stressed or anxious. It calms nerves while reducing bullying, domineering tendencies.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our articles, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs or Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Mimulus, Vervain, Impatiens, Oak, Walnut flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Mimulus, Vervain, Impatiens, Oak, Walnut flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.