Aldaron Essences' I'll Be Back flower essence formula addresses the problem of separation anxiety in dogs from several important perspectives. In addition to Rescue Remedy to alleviate extreme stress, it includes flower essences that restore calm in dogs that become overly anxious and panic, freak out, and/or get destructive when left alone. It also eases over-attachment in dogs bonded so strongly that any kind of separation is traumatic.
"With this formula added in, I have been able to see significant improvements. My puppy is much calmer and doesn't panic when I go out of sight."
Benefits and Typical Uses of I'll Be Back flower essence blend for dogs:
- reduce anxiety and panic in the dog that begins to pace, pant, and cling as soon as he knows you're leaving.
- improve self control and restore calm in dogs that relieve stress orally, by shredding, chewing, digging, licking, etc.
- loosen the apron strings in highly-attached, over-dependent dogs that have trouble letting mom or dad out of sight.
Choosing the Right Aldaron Essences Canine Behavior Support Formula
- Poise is our blend of flower essences for dogs that panic and lose control. This is a good choice if anxious home-alone behavior is more about fear of confinement, or fear of bad things happening when left home alone, rather than being separated from the owner.
- Over-Attachment is a great blend of flower essences for mild cases of anxiety and under-confidence in dogs associated with owner attachment.
- Calm is our combination of flower essences for restlessness and nervous energy in dogs needing more mental or physical exercise. We've seen very positive results when Calm is used in combination with I'll Be Back or Poise for separation anxiety.
- Not seeing just what your dog needs? You can Design Your Own flower essence blend with the help of our flower essence guide, Bach Flowers for Separation Anxiety in Dogs.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Rock Rose, Chicory, Heather, Cherry Plum flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, Rescue Remedy, essences of Aspen, Rock Rose, Chicory, Heather, Cherry Plum flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.