Our best-selling Moderation Bach flower remedy blend is designed to help tone down pushy, demanding, controlling behavior in high-intensity, high-drive dogs. Improve patience and cooperation in excitable, bossy, jealous, demanding dogs.
These are typically highly intelligent dogs that need a job. They can be bossy and controlling when not given a consistent outlet for their need to work.
These dogs may be happy-go-lucky or easily frustrated and domineering. Some will feel the need to put everyone (or a select few) around them in their place.
Moderation covers the range of emotions typical in high-energy, confident, bossy dogs. It's one of our most consistently successful formulas!
"Wow, what difference! I give him a couple of sprays before we leave for class and he can now walk in to the training building without all the "I'm here and this is my building!" antics.
He looks around much more calmly as we go in and has not felt the need to tell other dogs off who were already in the building. He still has issues when dogs get too close at times but it's improving! Thank you, Julie, for these great formulas."
Moderation: Bach flowers to reduce controlling, bossy, "fun police" behavior in dogs
Lighten up over-bearing, nit-picky, bossy dogs with Bach flower essences. Use Moderation to help:
- help relax the intense, always-on-the-job dog that could stand to take life a little less seriously.
- improve patience and cooperation in dogs that get bossy, and impatient when your attention is not on them (such as when you talk to a friend, pet or work with another dog, etc.).
- tone down and encourage self-control and moderation in too-intense, over the top individuals that "tell others off" suddenly and explosively.
- lighten up high-status (and status-seeking) dogs that take offense when their "rules" are broken.
- increase tolerance and acceptance in dogs that become jealous and annoyed over small infractions.
- reduce resource guarding and possessive aggression, particularly when the behavior is meant to control and assert dominance.
- improve natural communication and self control in the under-socialized dog that resorts to loud, abrasive communication because s/he doesn't know any better.
Aldaron Essences formulas frequently combined with Moderation
- Very Scary Things is an excellent addition with dogs that are intense and bossy, but have anxiety or specific fears.
- Hyper-Drive and Moderation are a match made in heaven :-). The intense, high-drive, easily-fixated Hyper-Drive dog is often bossy and controlling, so these blends are often used together for good effect.
"I began using the Hyper-Drive and noticed some effect on my very busy girl, (2 year old Rottweiler, competition dog). After speaking with Julie, I ordered Moderation and began using it with the Hyper Drive.
The results have been wonderful. My busy girl has been able to focus on her jobs and has become a pleasure to train. I sincerely thank Julie for her help and I'm excited at the progress we have made and where this will take us."
More Aldaron flower essence blends for bratty, pushy, dominant dog behavior:
- Dominance & Territoriality is a very similar formula, but is less for sudden acting out or explosive reactions, and more for territorial dog behavior and challenging via stiff body language, posturing, hard stares and glaring, etc.
- Try our Equilibrium formula for the dog that becomes threatening and bullying when stressed or fearful.
- Fear & Suspicion is the formula of choice when aggressive behaviors are driven by fear, defensiveness, and suspicion. Perfect for the dog that has learned to protect itself in order to prevent scary or overwhelming things from happening.
- Over-Protective is similar to Dominance & Territoriality formula, but also addresses fear issues as well as over-concern for loved ones.
- Hyper Drive - It may be tempting to think that any dog ignoring direction is behaving "dominantly". However, the Hyper-Drive dog is so focused on their own concerns that they see and hear nothing else. It may come across as bossiness when he ignores – or plows through - anyone and anything to accomplish what his mind is on, but that is incidental, not an attempt to control others.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Using Flower Essences to Help Your Reactive Dog.
Vervain Vine Impatiens Chicory Holly Cherry Plum
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.