Looking for a flower essence formula tailored specifically to your dog's needs? Aldaron Essences offers affordable private consultations for custom flower essence formulas for your dog and your situation. After all, just like their owners, all dogs are unique. As a dog trainer and behavior consultant, I have long believed that one of my main tasks is to identify the qualities and strengths of each dog I work with, and build on those. Flower essence therapy fits in beautifully with this philosophy. Just as every dog is unique, with his own strengths and positive qualities, each also has his own individual tendencies toward imbalance. When considering the ideal blend of flower essences for your dog, my aim is to select essences that will work toward bringing the whole dog into balance, by getting a picture of the complete dog – not only of the behavior(s) of concern, but of his strengths, his positive qualities, and his personality as a whole.
Regardless of your dog's issues or history, whether you've had him for 10 days or 10 years, a custom Bach flower essence blend can help ease fears, reduce stress and reactivity, improve confidence, and break down barriers to learning.
Current consult times are:
- Wednesday afternoons and evenings
- Most Saturdays (daytime, no evenings)
How it works:
- Pay for your consult online (above).
- After payment, you'll receive an email with some questions about the general problems your dog is having, and asking you to choose from available consult times. Reply to the email with your answers and I will get back to you to confirm our consult time and date.
- After the phone consult is completed, I'll email you within 2 business days with my recommendations for a specific flower remedy blend for your dog and how each individual essence should help.
- You can then order your custom formula online with the recommended essence blend or, if you prefer to use the recommendations as a guide but create your own unique blend, you can use our Design Your Own Formula service.
- Please note that this consult does not include a flower essence formula. That is a separate order.
- Please be sure you use a reliable email address for your order.
- If you're not sure which time option to choose:
- 1 hour is most appropriate for more complex issues.
- 45 minutes is the average length of time required.
- 30 minutes should suffice for straight-forward behavior issues.
- Additional time is available for purchase in 15 minute increments.
Questions or comments? Please email me at email@example.com. I will be happy to answer your questions!
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), custom blend of flower essences.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, custom blend of flower essences.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.