Aldaron Essences' Poise flower essence formula improves confidence, courage, and self control in dogs that panic and freak out in fear.
This blend of Rescue Remedy and other fear-fighting Bach flowers is extremely helpful in alleviating "fight, flight or freeze" panic reactions in dogs.
Poise reduces fears and anxiety, and improves impulse control in strongly fear-reactive dogs.
Poise can also be a very helpful aid in separation anxiety cases where the behavior is marked by panic and loss of control.
"We started Rocko on Poise to help him over his insecurities about life. He is a very shy amstaff/pit bull mix.
Once he got on this formula he became more balanced and accepting of life. We were able to take walks without him lagging behind. He didn’t see scary things around every corner!!
This formula gave him the extra edge he needed for us to get him out and socialize with the world. Dosing him every four hours works the best for us. And consistency is key."
Balancing, calming Bach flowers for fearful, panicked dogs
Our Poise blend of Bach flowers calms panic and restores courage in fearful dogs. Use it to help:
- Restore calm in dogs prone to panicking when confined, cornered, or restrained.
- Soothe terrified dogs that panic and "lose it" (either emotionally, or physically - losing control of bladder, bowels, anal glands) at the vet, groomer, when surrounded by people, etc.
- Improve confidence and composure in show dogs that freak out when examined by a judge.
- Reduce panic in dogs that freeze in place when stressed, their eyes darting, telling you they'd like to be anywhere but here.
- Helpful for dogs that panic and severely stress over car travel.
- Separation anxiety marked by panic and loss of control (either destructiveness or loss of bodily functions). See also our I'll Be Back flower essence blend for Separation Anxiety in dogs.
- Dogs with severe fears brought on by a traumatic event.
- Dogs that panic and react excessively when confronted with new, novel things or situations.
"... We have had him on Poise for five days now and the changes are incredible...he no longer has the dreadful (panic) attacks...
We have had no more shaking, or panting...it is wonderful! Thank you so much! We are forever grateful for your products!"
More Aldaron Essences formulas for anxious, fearful dogs:
- Very Scary Things is our Bach flower blend for stressed, fearful, anxious dogs. The difference would be that Poise dogs tend to "lose it" (or freeze), whereas Very Scary Things dogs may get very agitated, but generally don't tip over into complete out-of-their-mind panic.
- High Anxiety is much like Very Scary Things, but for intense, high-drive dogs. These dogs can really work themselves up when fearful and anxious, but remain in control. (It can, admittedly, be a fine line between the two, and hard to tell the difference.)
- I'll Be Back contains similar flower essences to Poise, but is specifically for anxiety, panic, and loss of control related to emotional attachments.
- None sound quite right? You can Design Your Own Formula using the help of our article, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs.
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.