Aldaron Essences' Social-Ease flower essence formula for dogs. Enhance courage, confidence, and sociability during your dog's all-important socialization experiences.
While social skills are most easily instilled at a young age, dogs of all ages continue to benefit from social contact. Young dogs may need their social wheels greased, and adult and older dogs can need a social refresher course now and again. Our Social-Ease flower essence formula is designed to help dogs of any age be more confident, flexible, and accepting in social settings, and with relationships new and old.
Use Social-Ease flower essence blend to help:
- ensure maximum absorption of positive social experiences in puppies, young dogs, or any dog new to your home.
- encourage adolescent pups going through a less-than-social period.
- rescued or rehomed dogs that have lost some confidence in their social skills.
- dogs that, as they age, have become less comfortable in social situations.
- dogs that have regressed in sociability or confidence, such as after illness or infirmity.
- dogs bred to work independently, or to have independent, more aloof temperaments, such as sighthounds, livestock guarding dogs, etc.
- any dog whose individual personality tends to be more socially distant, to help encourage interaction.
Other Aldaron Essences Formulas to Consider:
- Very Scary Things helps timid, anxious dogs who need more confidence and courage during socialization.
- Over-Attachment is for the dog who is so attached to one person that he finds it hard (or unnecessary) to open up to new relationships.
- Confidence Plus flower essence blend improves courage, confidence, self assurance, and resilience, and can go a long way toward a more social dog.
- Our original Confidence formula is builds confidence and courage in dogs that become overwhelmed easily, and react poorly out of habit.
- Or try your hand at selecting your own Bach flower essences with our Design Your Own Formula service. You might like our articles, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs and Bach Flower Essences for Canine Socialization and Sociability.
Traditional brandy-preserved: Spring water, brandy (20%), essences of Water Violet, Mimulus, Larch, Beech, Oak, Impatiens, Rock Water flowers.
Glycerite: Vegetable glycerin, spring water, essences of Water Violet, Mimulus, Larch, Beech, Oak, Impatiens, Rock Water flowers.
Three to four times each day, give your dog 3-4 drops (or 1 spray), either straight into the dog's mouth or added to a treat or meal. Increase frequency as needed in times of stress. Improvement typically begins within 3 to 14 days and gradually builds over time. Read our Instructions on Using and Storing Your Aldaron Essences' Flower Essence Formula.
Flower essences, considered a subtle energy therapy, work to gently correct imbalances in emotional energies. In most cases, you will start by seeing a more balanced, even-keeled reaction in situations that normally trigger a negative or extreme response in your dog. This means that oftentimes what you're looking for is an absence of negative behaviors, or a reduction in their intensity or duration. This is typically intermittent at first, becoming more consistent over time. As you might expect, early behavioral progress tends to be in areas that are less stressful or habitual for the dog, with improvement in more difficult situations building over time. Reinforcing (with praise, affection, etc) the improved responses you see will help speed the process along and help solidify the new, more balanced reactions.
On a physical level, it’s not uncommon to see "softer" eyes, and softer, less tense, more fluid body language, sometimes within minutes of giving the formula. This doesn't always happen - it seems that the more out of balance (e.g. fearful, reactive, stressed) the dog is, the more dramatic the shift will be when first exposed to flower essences. Dogs that are less energetically "out of alignment" tend to respond more gradually and subtly to the balancing effects of flower remedies.
A more in-depth look is available in our article, Flower Essences - What They Are, and How They Can Help your Dog.
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior. In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.
Sizes & Servings
Our most popular size for first time buyers is the 1 oz dropper bottle. It contains approximately 600 drops, and will last about 67 days when given at 3 drops, 3 times per day. To compare number of servings, how long a bottle will last, and even your average cost per week for each size, see our Aldaron Essences Sizes and Servings Comparison.
Brandy or Glycerin?
The traditional choice for preserving flower essences, brandy has excellent preservative qualities, offering a shelf life of up to 3 years. For those wishing to avoid even small amounts of alcohol, glycerin is a good alternative. It's an effective preservative, although less so than brandy. Glycerites should be used within 12-18 months. Read our full comparison of the pro's and con's of brandy vs glycerin as preservative.
Dropper or Sprayer?
The choice between dropper and fine mist sprayer is really a matter of personal preference (yours and your dog's). Each is equally effective for administering flower essences. If you're unsure which to choose, read our comparison of dropper versus sprayer.