Is your adolescent pup acting fearful and insecure one minute, then bossy and challenging the next? This is the classic "teenage weirds" phase. Our natural remedy can help!
Our Teenage Weirds flower essence formula addresses issues common to many adolescent dogs: periods of variable behavior, often combining transient fears, anxiety, and insecurity with bold, challenging, boundary-testing behavior. (Hence the "weird" part!)
Adolescence can be a tough transition for some dogs, especially highly intelligent and observant ones. Often these more intense personalities will go through a period of "teenage weirds", showing anxiety or insecurity combined or alternating with pushy, bossy, testing behavior.
This stage is defined by, as much as anything, a changeable, uncertain attitude. Parents of teenage children may recognize the pattern as "angels one minute, devils the next"!
Our Teenage Weirds formula fortifies the positive developmental potential of this time, while helping stabilize the emotional pendulum swings so characteristic of this life stage.
It increases confidence and courage in dogs that are suddenly displaying fearfulness in normal life situations, and tempers bossy behavior while strengthening positive leadership qualities.
"I have a young male GSD who was experiencing some less than ideal behavior as he matured. In just 10 days of use he is much more settled and his reactions in situations have definitely softened.
I feel like he is taking time to think a bit more and not simply reacting to things. The formula is giving me the pause I need to step in and train through his reactions.
I've been very pleased and have encouraged several students to try this approach in addition to training."
Natural remedy for anxious, pushy adolescent dogs
Stabilizing Bach flowers can help your young dog through difficult adolescent stages. Use Teenage Weirds to help:
- the adolescent dog that suddenly spooks as if he's never seen men in hats, or babies in strollers, or a grocery bag on the living room floor (etc, etc) ... never, ever before.
- the young dog that tests you one minute, then climbs in your lap for protection the next.
- weird, anxious, spooky behavior that appears typically in adolescence, often in young males.
"I just started using this mix on my teenager pup, and he seems more thoughtful, less testy, and as an added bonus, he let me trim his nails in record time, without being nervous, or putting up a fight."
More natural remedies for common adolescent dog behaviors:
- Happy Trails is our flower essence formula designed to add stability, improve confidence, and ease the stress of transitions (including life stages like adolescence).
- Equilibrium combines Bach flower essences to reduce confrontational behavior in dogs, driven by fear and stress.
- Dominance & Territoriality is our flower essence blend for territorial, challenging dogs without fear or stress behind the behavior.
- Moderation is for testy, reactive dogs that have lots of rules (for everyone else, that is). This blend does not address anxiety, fear or life transitions.
- Need something more unique to your dog? See my blog post, Sweet Puppy to Teenage Brat: Bach Flower Essences for Adolescent Dogs, for help selecting flower essences for teenage pups. Once you've chosen your essences, you can Design Your Own Formula and we'll blend it for you.
Aspen Mimulus Vervain Vine Scleranthus Walnut
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.
In cases of aggression or any threatening or potentially dangerous behavior, Aldaron Essences should always be used in conjunction with, and within the overall framework of a sound, behavior-based training program.