Our flagship flower essence formula, Aldaron Essences' Very Scary Things combines powerful stress-relieving Rescue Remedy with confidence-building, fear- and anxiety-busting, all-natural flower remedies for a gentle, yet uniquely effective formula.
It’s an outstanding blend for increasing confidence and courage, and easing mild to moderate fear and anxiety in dogs. Very Scary Things even tackles long-standing, persistent fearful behavior resulting from past negative experiences.
If your dog suffers from chronic anxiety, shies and spooks over every little thing (or only very particular things), even if you've thought, "this is just the way she’ll always be…”, give Very Scary Things a try. Your dog will thank you!
"My furry boy has noise phobia and is afraid of sudden movements. This has helped him tremendously!"
Very Scary Things: Bach flower essences for timid, fearful dogs
This unique blend of flower remedies soothes and calms anxiety and fears in dogs. Use it to help:
- reduce nervousness and vulnerability in dogs that fear any specific triggers: fear of children, fear of men, fear of bikes, cars, skateboards, fear of flags flying, fear of people carrying sticks, canes, umbrellas, etc, etc.
- dogs with specific phobias: dogs afraid of thunder and thunderstorms, fireworks, gunfire, bees and flying insects, walking on linoleum, etc.
- speed recovery from scary events: when frightened by loud, aggressive dogs on walks or at dog shows, a bad fall from the agility dogwalk, crashing agility or obedience jumps, startled by a loud teeter crash, rough or frightening handling at the vet's, groomers, or dog class.
- improve confidence and courage in young dogs in important socialization stages.
- any dog that reacts to scary things by cringing and cowering, and/or by running away and hiding.
- short-term for female dogs that become nervous and easily intimidated prior to coming into season (see also our Edge Off flower essence formula).
Drug-free relief from stress, shaking, and fear in dogs with noise phobias
In situations that trigger sudden, acute fear reactions, give Very Scary Things 3 times per day during storm, fireworks, or hunting season, then give 3 doses 5-10 minutes apart at any time your dog starts to stress about the booms and bangs.
"Thanks for the Very Scary Things. Now when my Aussie hears thunder she runs to the kitchen for her drops. Pretty soon she’s relaxed."
More Aldaron flower essence blends to help anxious, fearful, panicky dogs:
- High Anxiety begins with the same essences as Very Scary Things, but adds Vervain flower essence for intense, driven dogs. Typically these dogs ratchet up in intensity when stressed or fearful. High Anxiety is a good choice for frustration-driven reactivity intensified by fear or anxiety.
- Poise is our flower essence blend for Freeze/Fight/Flight terror and panic reactions in dogs - those that freeze up, freak out, or lose it when confined in an uncomfortable, frightening situation. Poise reduces fear and anxiety, and improves self control in strongly fear-reactive dogs.
- Confidence Plus is a great choice for dogs that are not severely stressed, but that lack courage and confidence. This flower essence formula reduces hesitancy and intimidation, and improves confidence, self-assurance, and resiliency in dogs.
- Renew is our flower remedy blend for fearful, depleted dogs suffering from deep emotional wounds. Renew not only addresses stress, anxiety and fear, but promotes emotional healing in depressed, shut down dogs that have suffered abuse or neglect.
- Still searching for just the right blend? You can Design Your Own Formula and choose your own Bach flower essences. Be sure to check out our flower remedy guide, Flower Essences to Help Combat Stress, Fear, and Anxiety in Dogs.
Rescue Remedy Aspen Mimulus Impatiens Oak Walnut
Disclaimer and Common Sense Caution
Aldaron Essences formulas, and flower essences in general, are not medications and are not a substitute for veterinary care. Behavior problems can be a sign of something physically wrong – please consult with your animal health care professional regularly, and if your dog experiences any sudden or dramatic change in behavior.